top of page
Our mission is to foster an awareness of Florida birds and other wildlife through education, exploration, and conservation.
Walks and Talks
Walks and Talks
- Multiple DatesSat, Dec 09Port CharlotteDec 09, 2023, 8:30 AM – 9:30 AMPort Charlotte, 1153 Alton Rd, Port Charlotte, FL 33952, USA
- Sat, Dec 16Charlotte Harbor, FL, USADec 16, 2023, 6:00 AMCharlotte Harbor, FL, USA
- Thu, Dec 213320 Loveland Blvd, Port Charlotte, FL 33980, USADec 21, 2023, 5:30 PM3320 Loveland Blvd, Port Charlotte, FL 33980, USA
- Mon, Jan 0118235 Avon Ave, Port Charlotte, FL 33948, USAJan 01, 2024, 8:00 AM18235 Avon Ave, Port Charlotte, FL 33948, USA
- Tue, Jan 0910941 Burnt Store Rd, Punta Gorda, FL 33955, USAJan 09, 2024, 10:00 AM10941 Burnt Store Rd, Punta Gorda, FL 33955, USA
- Thu, Jan 18Regional Realtors Education CenterJan 18, 2024, 6:30 PMRegional Realtors Education Center, 3320 Loveland Blvd, Port Charlotte, FL 33980, USA
- Sat, Jan 203081 Duncan Rd, Punta Gorda, FL 33982, USAJan 20, 2024, 8:00 AM3081 Duncan Rd, Punta Gorda, FL 33982, USA
Welcome to Peace River Audubon Society (PRAS)
We are a lively group of naturalists who love the warm camaraderie of gathering
for birding walkabouts, field trips and informative speaker meetings. Our mission is to
foster the awareness of birds and other wildlife through education, exploration and
conservation. We are one of 45 local Audubon Chapters linked with Florida Audubon
and the National Audubon Society.
Although our walks and talks are free and open to the public, we welcome you to
join our chapter membership to support our local conservation, scholarship and
education programs. Becoming a new member is a cordial way to get to know local
kindred. We help each other enhance bird identification skills, preserve Florida wildlife
habitat and share environmental knowledge. Membership can be a fun way to meet
other bird watchers, exchange ideas, gain long lasting friendships and learn about bird
species. Membership can be a boundless path to pursue boots on the ground
volunteerism, become a citizen scientist or a policy advocate. If you belong to the
National Audubon, receive the magazine and support national interests among kindred
avian-spirited associates, you can also join our Charlotte County Community. You can
join either our Audubon chapter or national independently or you can join both at the same time.
We invite everyone to visit our website calendar to find the dates of our exciting free
walks and talks. Rob Mills offers nature walks every Saturday at Audubon Pennington Park. Volunteers gather at that park every Wednesday to spruce up the trails. We have a free stimulating monthly speaker program for the public! There are lots of other opportunities to get involved by joining one of our various chapter committees or our annual Christmas Bird Count. Let’s go look for birds, enter sightings on Cornell’s ebird system and make some new friends!
Looking forward to seeing you in person,
Bren Curtis, President
bottom of page